Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life Update

I haven't blogged in a couple of months. Life has been crazy busy with closing out the school year, shutting down my classroom and getting started at a new job. I had a month break in between the two jobs and didn't do a whole lot. Then we found a rent house. My car broke and was in the shop for 10 days. Started a new job. Went on vacation. Elizabeth moved us while I was in Colorado. Came back and have been unpacking. The past three weeks have been a whirlwind! But the dust is settling and routine is coming back and that is good.

I love my new job. What do I love?
  1. Not being stressed.
  2. Feeling like I am good at this, even though I still have SO much to learn.
  3. The people I work with. They are fun. And funny. And awesome.
  4. Not leaving my house until 7:45 in the morning and getting there early if I leave then! (Considering I used to get to SCHOOL at 7:15, this is a drastic improvement. :))
  5. Leaving work at work. Nothing to take home with this job. I leave at 5 and I'm done. (Did you see that? I LEAVE WORK AT 5PM! AND I'M DONE!)
  6. I can eat when I want. And go to the bathroom when I have to and not worry about 12 year olds burning down my classroom. Or punching each other.
I miss things about school, like getting to buy school supplies. Or the excitement of a new group of kids, but for the most part this is a GREAT change.  

As far as fostering goes, it has been a long time of being certified and not having a placement. We are going on 2 months now. Our home study was updated today and completed since the move. I found out that they got a call about a newborn today but didn't think we could do it because we both work. So they passed on that placement. I corrected that assumption QUICKLY. We have had tons of friends volunteer babysitting services and we would figure it out. Not to mention Elizabeth gets off work at 2 and has random days off during the week. So, with that assumption corrected, we will see if a placement comes. I'm past ready.

I think those are the big things. The new house is great. Life is settling into a predictable pace until a baby gets added to the mix. Ready to see what the next few months brings. It should be interesting at the very least!

No comments: