Friday, July 11, 2008

The Deadly Parking Lot

If you live where I do, you can probably guess where this is.  There is this shopping center in town, and the whole world likes to hang out there.  It has a Jason's Deli, Marble Slab, Starbucks, Ross, Linens N Things, and some other stores.  I spend a lot of time here, and I must admit, almost every time at one point I will think, "That car is going to run straight into me."  Usually an unfortunate word is at the beginning of that phrase.... 

Anyway, today, due to my ridiculously swollen lymph node, I decided to have soup for lunch. (Much more pleasant to swallow.) Of course Jason's has the best selection of soup. Which meant facing the (dun dun dun) deadly parking lot. (Seriously the dun dun dun plays through my head when I think about going to this shopping center.) So off I went. 

In the time span of going, parking at Jason's Deli, then leaving, I almost got backed into THREE times. One time actually required a horn. The entire time I thought "I hate this parking lot. I wish I could pick up Jason's and move it somewhere. Anywhere else. Preferably not on Broadway somewhere else." But I survived my trip, and the lack of strange feeling while eating lunch was totally worth the driving.

No comments: